Total volumes for the sustainable debt market – including labelled Green, Social and Sustainability (GSS) bonds, Sustainability-linked bonds (SLB) and Transition bonds – are well on their way to an annual trillion, reaching USD779.2bn in the first three quarters of 2021.
- Combined labelled issuance of Green, Social, and Sustainability, Transition, and Sustainability-linked reached USD779.2bn in the first three quarters of 2021,
- September – largest issuing month ever, USD130.6bn of total labelled issuance
- Cumulative total labelled issuance stood at USD2.3tn at end Q3 2021; cumulative green at USD 1.2tn
- Green bonds reach USD354.2bn at end Q3 2021, surpassing 2020 total and now likely to reach half a trillion by year end
- Trillion in annual green bond issuance within reach for 2023
- Sustainability-linked bonds reach USD78.7bn this year; transition finance reaches USD5bn this year