Navigating Sustainable Finance
Climate Bonds’ Capacity Building and Technical Assistance (TA) team guides potential debt issuers through the initial steps required when issuing climate-related labelled bonds and other similar forms of debt.
We specialise in supporting governments, cities/municipalities, national development banks, and corporate issuers. We also assist asset owners and managers in developing investment methodologies that reinforce science-based criteria addressing the challenges of climate change and its impact on society. Climate Bonds is a leading standards setter of internationally recognised sector criteria that are science-based and aligned with a 1.5-degree pathway, while playing a fundamental role in the development of most global and national taxonomies currently in place.
Furthermore, we are one of the primary database sources for all climate-related themed bond issuances, where we curate, analyse, and review bond issuances. This provides us with a deep understanding of current market trends and best practices, enabling us to offer guidance on industry-level benchmarking.
This wealth of experience and expertise has been instrumental in advising governments, regulators, and policymakers on effectively promoting sustainability. Our insights and understanding of what motivates governments and international investors position Climate Bonds well to collaborate with potential issuers in navigating taxonomies, sustainable principles, transition guidance, and sector criteria.
Our unique position in Sustainable Finance
- Over 10 years of extensive experience in supporting corporates, banks, multilateral, sovereign, and sub-sovereign entities in LAC, Africa, Central Europe, Central Asia, and ASEAN to raise funds through the use of green and other labelled/sustainability-linked debt instruments aligned with a 1.5-degree emissions pathway or the Paris Agreement.
- Climate Bonds’ experience in the development of internationally recognised and accepted taxonomies and sector criteria underpins our technical assistance approach and methodology.
- Climate Bonds’ extensive analysis and review of all climate-themed bond issuances enables the identification of best practices and industry benchmarks. Our analysis is showcased in our climate-themed databases, which are used by international index providers and investors.
- Climate Bonds’ country and regional programs, which focus on policy engagement and advocacy, provide clear insight into policymakers’ and regulators’ strategies and long-term policy outlooks.
How we can support you
ESG readiness for the Entity
Climate Bonds works with entities that want to begin transitioning into a low emissions entity but are uncertain about what is needed to integrate climate considerations into their business model, strategy development, risk management, governance, and financial planning.
We assist organizations in identifying gaps and offer guidance on best practices for making this transition within your organisation. Furthermore, through our network of delivery partners, we offer guidance to ensure that capital investments not only support climate goals but also enhance resilience and promote social inclusion.
1. Climate aligned bond readiness assessment and action plan
2. Portfolio assessment and review.
3. Strategy, Green and other labelled bond framework review.
4. Impact reporting.
5. Capacity building.
6. Guidance on reviewers and subject matter experts.
7. Investor engagement and profiling.
“The Climate Bonds team, through their Technical Assistance Service, helped us to understand and update our technical knowledge according to the most recent standards in the market for the issuance of green, social and sustainable financial instruments; in our case, it was very valuable to understand how international standards and Climate Bonds criteria have evolved, as well as to understand more deeply the development of new taxonomies such as the Colombian green taxonomy.
Their support was key to understanding how our portfolio of current and future fundable projects could be potentially eligible, according to clear technical criteria, as thematic emissions feedstock to focus resources more efficiently to contribute to climate change mitigation and adaptation and sustainable development in our country.”
- Juan Camilo Galván, Treasury Management, Colombian Development Bank Findeter
Get in touch today
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
http://www.climatebonds.net/files/page/files/climate_bonds_technical_assistance_brochure.pdfDownload our brochure to find out more!