The Climate Bonds Standard Board* provides oversight over the implementation and operation of the Climate Bonds Standard & Certification Scheme. The Board reports to the Governors of the Climate Bonds Initiative, a registered charity in England and Wales.
All standards and documentation relating to guidance and strategic development of the Scheme are reviewed by the Board. Decision-making is implemented through consensus. The Board members represents US$51 trillion of assets under management.
Members of the Climate Bonds Standard Board* are not-for-profit organisations and include:
- California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS) represented by Cathy DiSalvo, Associate Portfolio Manager
- California State Treasurer Fiona Ma, CPA, represented by Deputy Treasurer, Tim Schaefer
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC), represented by Eric Borremans
- The International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF) represented by CEO Shaun Tarbuck
- Investor Group on Climate Change represented by Andrew Major of Hesta
- Ceres Investor Network, represented by Peter Ellsworth at Ceres
- The Natural Resources Defense Council, represented by Douglass Sims
*Disclosure: The CBSB is an Advisory Committee to the Climate Bonds Board.
Disclaimer: The Climate Bonds Standard Board operates legally as an advisory committee of the Climate Bonds Initiative Board and oversees the development of the Climate Bonds Standard. Neither the Climate Bonds Standard Board nor any organisation, individual or other person forming part of, or representing, the Climate Bonds Standard Board (together, "CBSB") accepts or owes any duty, liability or responsibility of any kind whatsoever to any issuer which wishes to apply for any of its bonds to be certified under the Climate Bonds Certification Scheme ("Scheme"), or to any issuer whose bonds may at any time be certified under the Scheme or to any other person or body whatsoever, whether with respect to the award or withdrawal of any certification under the Scheme or otherwise. All advice or recommendations with respect to any certification under the Scheme or otherwise that CBSB provides to the Climate Bonds Initiative Board is provided to it in an advisory capacity only and is not to be treated as provided or offered to any other person.