The Climate Bonds Standard Board* provides oversight over the implementation and operation of the Climate Bonds Standard & Certification Scheme. The Board reports to the Governors of the Climate Bonds Initiative, a registered charity in England and Wales.
All standards and documentation relating to guidance and strategic development of the Scheme are reviewed by the Board. Decision-making is implemented through consensus. The Board members represents US$34 trillion of assets under management.
Members of the Climate Bonds Standard Board* are not-for-profit organisations and include:
- California State Teachers Retirement Service (CalSTRS) represented by Cathy DiSalvo, Fixed Income Investment Officer
- California State Treasurer John Chiang, represented by Deputy Treasurer, Tim Schaefer
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC), represented by Eric Borremans
- The International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF) represented by CEO Shaun Tarbuck
- Investor Group on Climate Change represented by Andrew Major of Hesta
- Investor Network on Climate Risk, represented by Peter Ellsworth at Ceres
- The Natural Resources Defense Council, represented by Douglass Sims
*Disclosure: The CBSB is an Advisory Committee to the Climate Bonds Board.