This report identifies a universe of USD1.45tn climate-aligned bonds:
• 389bn in green bonds
• 497bn in bonds from fully-aligned issuers
• 314bn in issuance from strongly-aligned issuers
• 250bn in issuance from fully-aligned US Muni issuers
What does it mean?
• Global growth of green finance is encouraging
• There is a large universe of unlabelled bonds financing green infrastructure
• There is huge potential for a larger and even more diverse green bond market
There is still a long way to go
• Global emissions remain on track to exceed 2 degrees of warming
• USD90tn of investment in climate projects is needed by 2030
• Global green finance needs to reach USD1tn by end 2020 and grow each year of the new decade
Registration: Australia State of the Market Launch in Sydney CBD on 31st October at King & Wood Mallesons Offices; Email email@example.com for details.