• USD167.3bn total green bond issuance*
• 1,543 green bond issues from 320 issuers*
• 204 new issuers, bringing the total to 625*
• 44 countries, of which 8 new countries*
• EUR4.5bn (USD5.5bn) – largest single green bond, issued by the Kingdom of Belgium
• New sovereign green bonds from Belgium, Indonesia, Ireland, Lithuania, Poland and the Seychelles, and two taps of France’s GrOAT
* All charts and analysis are based on preliminary figures for Q4 2018 issuance volume and number of deals, with 24 deals still under assessment for inclusion in the CBI green bond database.