The market blogs present a comprehensive summary of the green bond market developments on a monthly basis.
The market blogs cover:
- Highlights & trends of the month
- Analysis and commentary of new green bond issuers (including bonds pending inclusioin or excluded from the Climate Bonds labelled green bond database)
- List of repeat issuers
- List of green bonds in the market
- Investor news & green bond gossip
- Green finance readings, reports & video links
- Market Blog #29 - 12/7/19: USD117.6b GBs in H1: June – USD20bn: Ferrovie dello Stato 1st Italian Certified Climate Bond: Freddie Mac joins US green MBS market; Green bond deals across the globe, green bond gossip and more!
- Market Blog #28 - 25/6/19: 2019 GBs pass USD100bn mark: June volume at USD13.1bn; Chile sovereign Certified Climate Bond 1st for Americas: Spotlight on cities, news, gossip and more!
- Market Blog #27 - 11/6/19: Record May GB issuance of USD23.8bn: Hong Kong enters sovereign market: Thai BTS Group & Polish PKO Bank issue Certified Climate Bonds: Spotlight on plastic waste, news, gossip and more!
- Market Blog #26 - 24/5/19: May GB issuance USD17.8bn: Demand surges for Dutch Sovereign Certified GB: Russian Railways' Certified GB puts Russia on map: UAE - Majid Al Futtaim Properties issues 1st green sukuk outside Asia
- Market Blog #25 - 10/5/19: April GB issuance reaches USD11.8bn driven by corporates: Nedbank issues Certified Climate Bond: Bank of Jiangsu issues largest bond: Royal Bank of Canada makes debut: news, gossip and more!
- Market Blog #24 26/4/19: April GB issuance USD8.4bn to date, driven by corporates: Italy takes top spot with two debut issuers: Woolworths’ in global supermarket first, gossip and more!
- Market Blog #23 12/4/19: March GB issuance at USD12.4bn: 1st Certified Climate Bond from African corporate: 1st Danish bank issue: New Mexico’s Santa Fe enters green US Muni market after State Treasurer signs Green Bond Pledge
- Market Blog #22 25/3/19: Feb GB issuance USD13.8bn: 1st Finnish bank into market: Moving pictures from Climate Bonds Conference
- Market Blog #21 26/2/19: February GB issuance at USD9bn so far: 1st GB from Telco: 1st Swedish public transport GB issuer
- Market Blog #20 7/2/19: USD10.4bn GB issuance for January: 2nd Certified Climate Bond from Philippines: 1st EUR green bond from US bank: Sean Kidney’s 2019 Outlook
- Market Blog #19: USD167.3bn total 2018 green bond issuance - USD11bn GBs in Dec alone: 1st GB from Icelandic city: 1st sovereign blue bond
- Market Blog #18: Dec green bond issuance at USD7.2bn so far: 1st Thai Certified Bond: 1st Certified Bond from South Carolina Muni: 1st Namibian GB
- Market Blog #17: USD23.9bn GBs in Nov – new monthly record! 1st French postal GB: 1st Canadian public transport GB: Surge in Certified GBs
- Market Blog #16: November green bond issuance at USD13.3bn so far: Largest Certified Climate Bond to date: 1st Certified Climate Bond from airport
- Market Blog #15: USD13.9bn GBs in October: 1st Mexican GB to finance protected agriculture: 1st GB for green building from airline company
- Market Blog #14: October GB issuance at USD6.8bn so far: 1stIrish Sovereign GB: 1stPortuguese GB: New Issuers from Japan, Germany, France, China, US
- Market Blog #13: USD8.8bn GBs in September: Sumitomo 1st convertible GB: BBVA Bancomer Mexico GB & more
- Market Blog #12: GB issuance passes USD100bn mark for 2018: State of the Market 2018 preview: Green Bond Pledge: GCAS
- Market Blog #11: USD3.3bn GBs in August: New issuers from Canada, China, Japan, Singapore & South Korea: California and the Green Bond Pledge
- Market Blog #10: USD11.6bn GBs in July: First Certified Climate Bond from Colombian issuer: Updated H1 figures
- Market Blog #9: Mid-July green bond issuance at USD8.9bn: first Uruguayan green bond
- Market Blog #8: USD6bn in CBI Certifications – new monthly record: Largest solar ABS to date and more!
- Market Blog #7 21/6/18: ICBC & BoC Certified Bonds in record month for Certification: 1st GB from pension fund: 1st Chinese Hydro ABS
- Market Blog #6 7/6/18: 1st shipping GB and 1st forest covered GB: 12 new issuers in May
- Market Blog #5 May-2018: Lithuania Sovereign, Spanish and Swiss corporates: Rising EM diversity
- Market Blog #4, April-2018: First Marine Certified Bond: New issuers: Belgium, Chile, Indonesia, Spain: Updated Q1 2018 figures
- Market blog #3 March-2018: GB Pledge goes live: 12 new issuers, from RSA to Iceland: First GB from logistics sector: First Certification for commercial real estate green loan
- Market Blog 2#/2018: Three new Sovereign GBs: More on NAB Certified RMBS; Green Bond Pioneer Awards coming soon!
- January Market Blog: Strong start to 2018: GBs from Asia & Norway: Green Sukuk: Sovereigns & Certified Bonds to start the year