Event Hosted by Climate Bonds Partner Citi with Speakers from GPIF, GFNJ, JRTT & Key Government Ministries
We have just received the Draft Agenda and line up for this Seminar which will include reports of major developments and explore next steps for Japan and green finance.
It is reproduced in full below:
Date and Time: Thursday, 20 June 2019, 13:30-17:00
Location Map: https://www.citigroup.jp/en/about/access-opb.html
Agenda Topics will include the following:
- EU Technical Expert Group Taxonomy: preview of report to be published 24 June; potential implications for Japanese industry
2) Green Bonds
- The diversification of the green bonds market - review of recent issuance, including the hugely successful Netherlands green sovereign
- Pricing developments with green bonds
3) Public sector action
- Developments with the international agenda on central bank and supervisor's role in Greening the Financial System
- Update on new Coalitions of Governments around green finance acceleration
13:30-13:35 Welcome remarks by Citi
By Hideki Takada, Secretary General of Green Finance Network of Japan
13:45-14:30 Overview of Developments in EU Taxonomy and Green Bonds
By Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
14:30-14:45 Experiences in JRTT Green Bonds Issuance
14:45-15:00 GPIF Green Bonds Initiative
By Tetsuya Oishi, Head of Investment Policy, GPIF (TBC)
15:00-15:30 Coffee Break
15:30-15:40 Public Sector Developments 1: Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
15:40-15:50 Public Sector Developments 2: Ministry of Energy
15:50-16:00 Public Sector Developments 3: Japan Financial Services Agency
By Satoshi Ikeda, Chief Sustainable Finance Officer, JFSA
16:00-16:15 Discussions on green / sustainable finance standards at the International Standards Organisation (ISO)
By Yoshihiro Fujii, RIEF
16:15-16:55 Roundtable discussion: Next Steps for Japan and Green Finance
- Hideki Takada
- Sean Kidney, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Satoshi Ikeda, Japan Financial Services Agency (JFSA)
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Ministry of Energy
Special Conditions: This is an Invitation Only event & the Chatham House Rule applies. There will be no media presence.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest with “Tokyo Green Seminar” in the Subject Line.
Language will include both English and Japanese. Simultaneous translation will not be available but, where necessary, consecutive translation may be provided.
The Last Word
Our inaugural Japan Green Bond Report has Japan as the 12th largest green issuer in 2018 and second only to China as largest issuer of green bonds in Asia.
A quick look at the commercial and industrial heavyweights in our Nov 2018 comprehensive listing of domestic green issuers points to the potential of this market with just a slight tap to the green accelerator.
‘Till next time