Sean focuses on promoting investment priorities for climate and green bonds, how governments can take advantage of the green bonds market and the development of international collaborations.
Sean is a member of the European Commission's Platform on Sustainable Finance, as well as the:
- French government’s Green Sovereign Bond Evaluation Council
- Advisory Board of the International Sustainable Financial Centre in Prague
- Astana International Finance Centre’s Green Advisory Committee
- Advisory Network to the High-Level Panel for a Sustainable Ocean Economy, which aims to accelerate progress towards a healthy ocean.
- European Advisory Board of the SMARTER Finance for Families (energy efficiency) initiative
- Advisory Panel of the Nordic Institute for Finance, Technology and Sustainability.
- Future of Sustainable Data Alliance
He has previously been a:
- Consultant on green bonds to the United Nations Secretary General
- Member of the EU Technical Expert Group on Sustainable Finance
- Member of the European Commission's High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance
- Member of the Peoples Bank of China Green Finance Task Force
- Member of the Commonwealth Expert Group on Climate Finance.
- Member of the Blended Finance Task Force.
He is a Professor in Practice at SOAS University of London.
Sean's background is in stakeholder communications, social change strategy and issues marketing. He was previously a marketing advisor to a number of the largest Australian pension funds, and an owner of a group of social marketing, website development and current affairs publishing firms.
Internal team information