Following COP21 in Paris, green bonds are being highlighted as an investment option to assist nations in bridging the climate finance gap and meeting their carbon reduction commitments.
The potential for mobilising climate change solutions and green infrastructure investment through green bonds is huge, given the international bond market is valued at over US$100 trillion.
But what are they?
How do they work?
And what is a bond anyway?
There are many questions around green bonds, Climate Bonds Initiative has the answers.
Join us for a set of webinars on Wednesday the 25th of May for a comprehensive introduction to green bonds from Climate Bonds Initiative experts, followed by a Q&A session.
Green Bonds 101 Webinar
We will be running the hour long webinar twice, to cover all time zones, pick whichever suits you best!
Wednesday 25th May
- Session 1: 9am BST London / 12pm GST Abu Dhabi / 4pm CST Beijing / 6pm AEST Sydney REGISTER HERE
- Session 2: 3pm BST London / 4pm CEST Berlin / 10am EDT New York / 7am PDT San Francisco REGISTER HERE
Climate Bonds speakers include:
- Justine Leigh-Bell – Head of Standards
- Anna Creed - Standards Manager
- Rob Fowler - Head of Certification
These webinars will cover:
- Introduction - What is a bond?
- How are bonds used in capital markets?
- What makes a bond green?
- How can green bonds help finance climate goals?
- Supply - Who is issuing green bonds, what are they issuing, why aren’t there more?
- Demand – Why do banks, insurance companies and pension funds invest in bonds?
Want to get a head start?
Watch this fantastic 2 minute primer video from ABN Amro featuring our very own Manuel Adamini!