London, Monday 8 June: Climate Bonds Roundtable on Green Securitisation
Green securitisation can address the low-carbon financing gap by allowing smaller scale assets to be aggregated to access the bond markets. This can provide access to capital at scale, and lower the cost of capital. To tap into the potential of green securitisation, policymakers can play a role in addressing barriers that currently exist in the market, mainly around getting financially attractive green ABS deals to investors. The role of policymakers can include supporting standardised loan contracts for relevant green assets; warehousing and credit enhancement.
The Roundtable will feed into a Green Securitisation policy paper the Climate Bonds Initiative is working on in collaboration with the Grantham Institute for Climate Change at the London School of Economics.
The project will:
- Provide a briefing for European policymakers and set out an actionable agenda for them to support the growth of a green securitisation market in Europe. It will be published in September 2015.
- Feed into the final report from the UNEP Inquiry into a Sustainable Financial System, as well as a green bond report from the OECD.
Sean Kidney will chair the session. A Roundtable Discussion Paper will be sent to you before the event. Dial-in will be available.
Venue: Nomura, 1 Angel Lane, London
Please RSVP to Beate Sonerud, Climate Bonds Policy Analyst: beate@climatebonds.
Madrid, June 9th: Sustainability Bonds International Conference
The Sustainability Bonds International Conference will present and discuss the latest trends, challenges and opportunities around this new financial instrument:
- What is a green or social bond and how it works?
- Why it is growing?
- What are the risks and opportunities?
- What is the future?
- Case study: The Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO) 1 bn EUR Social Bond
You will have a chance to hear from:
- Climate Bonds Initiative: Sean Kidney, CEO
- DNV GL: Alessandro Di Benedetto, Business Development Manager
- Instituto de Crédito Oficial (ICO): Antonio Cordero, Vice-Director Finance and Treasury
- Spainsif: Inés García-Pintos, President
- SUST4IN: Marcio Viegas, Founder & Managing Director
The event will be suitable for directors/Partners/Managers responsible for Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility, Investors Relations, Asset Management from issuers, investors, underwriters, government, NGOs, consulting, verification and legal firms.
Venue: Madrid International Lab, Calle Bailen, 41
Time: 9:00 – 13.30
The Conference is organized by SUST4IN in association with the Climate Bonds Initiative.
Attendance is free, but you have to register. You can sign up for the event here.