Climate Bonds & UNDRR Present: The Power of Resilience: Developing Local Sustainable Finance
The Power of Resilience: Developing Local Sustainable Finance
Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) has joined the programme Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030), a 10-year long initiative to strengthen the resilience of cities around the world.
This webinar brings together the main organisations supporting cities and municipalities around the world, as well as partners of the MCR2030. We will discuss how the challenges and opportunities for cities to become greener are impacted by the pandemic, and how resilience can set the tone and pace of developing sustainable finance.
New Date: 07 October 2021 Thursday
11:00 - 12:30 London
12:00 - 13:30 Geneva/Cairo
13:00 - 14:30 Nairobi
17:00 - 18:30 Bangkok
18:00 - 19:30 Beijing
19:00 - 20:30 Incheon
Event Language: English
Format: Online via Zoom
Opening Remarks: Sanjaya Bhatia, Head of Office UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
• Moderator: Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
• Emani Kumar - Deputy Secretary-General, ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
• Émilie Maehara, Deputy Executive Director of the Global Fund for Cities Development (FMDV), UCLG
• Idan Sasson – Project Coordinator at Climate Policy Initiative, Leadership for Urban Climate Investment (LUCI), CCFLA
• Aditya Bahadur, Principal Researcher, International Institute for Environment and Development
This session will be recorded, and the video will be available publicly on the CBI YouTube Channel as well as on the CBI UNDRR MCR2030 Platform.
Read the speakers biographies here.
Useful resources for reading pre-webinar:
FMDV ACTIVITY REPORT FOR 2019-2020
This report presents the highlights of FMDV around its 3 missions:
1) Support and advice to public partners, 2) Multi-stakeholder dialogues and partnerships to accelerate action and 3) International advocacy and the production and sharing of knowledge.
STATE OF CITIES FINANCE REPORT (CCFLA)
The 2021 State of Cities Climate Finance Report examines the current state of urban climate investment, the barriers to reaching the needed investment levels, and the steps to overcoming these challenges. Produced by the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance (the Alliance), the report contributes to the Alliance’s mission to mobilize city-level climate finance at scale by 2030. The report also contributes to the Leadership for Urban Climate Investment framework initiative hosted by the Alliance, which aims to create a strong global architecture for subnational climate finance and tracking.
About Making Cities Resilient 2030
About the UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (UNDRR GETI)
Our work involves:
• supporting governments and corporates to develop sustainable finance strategies and plans aligning policy with industry innovation and institutional finance towards the transition to low carbon and climate-resilient economy
• providing market data and intelligence and market development analysis
• supplying assurance mechanisms for investors raising the integrity and credibility of the new debt instruments that support climate change
For the last decade, CBI has been the world’s leading organization working to mobilize the largest capital market of all, the USD100 trillion global bond market, for climate change solutions.