The Climate Bond Standards Advisory Board provides oversight over the implementation and operation of the Climate Bond Standards & Certification Scheme. The Advisory Board reports to the Governors of the Climate Bonds Initiative, a registered charity in England and Wales.
All standards and documentation relating to guidance and strategic development of the Scheme are reviewed by the Board. Decision-making is implemented through consensus. The Board members represents US$34 trillion of assets under management.
Members of the Climate Bond Standards Board are not-for-profit organisations and include:
- California State Teachers Retirement Service (CalSTRS) represented by Cathy DiSalvo, Fixed Income Investment Officer.
- California State Treasurer John Chiang, represented by California State Deputy Treasurer Alan Gordon.
- CDP (formerly the Carbon Disclosure Project), represented by Pedro Faria.
- Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC), represented by Eric Borremans.
- The International Cooperative and Mutual Insurance Federation (ICMIF) represented by CEO Shaun Tarbuck.
- Investor Group on Climate Change represented by Andrew Major of Hesta.
- Investor Network on Climate Risk, represented by Peter Ellsworth at Ceres.
- The Natural Resources Defense Council, represented by Douglass Sims.