See below for:
Director of Policy
|Position:||Full time - Permanent|
This is an amazing job: rethinking how we use policy, regulation and every finance sector tool – and capital markets tool – we have to mobilize capital for a rapid global transition to a low-carbon and climate resilient economy.
It will involve looking at:
- Growing the global market for green financial instruments
- Capital markets policy proposals for economies around the world
- What regulators can do to grow green finance
Green bonds are the focus, as an indicator of success and creating momentum for change.
The job is London-based; for this one we’re looking for someone who is eligible to work in the UK
Self-starting, hands-on, motivated individual, etc, and able to work in a small but potent organisation. Reporting to me (lucky person).
- Driving the policy development programme
- Developing and managing relationships with public sector stakeholders
- Promoting our policy work at external events
There’s a small team to manage, along with a vast agenda. Country-specific policy work includes China, the EU, the US, India, Brazil, Nigeria.
- Further develop existing research programme around policy and regulation reforms to scale up green bond markets in emerging markets and developed economies
- Liaise with governments, regulators, central banks, development banks and other public sector stakeholders, as well as the private sector and NGOs.
- Present and push for research findings and reports to be put into practice by relevant public sector actors
- Manage small policy development, tracking and review team
- Coordinate with senior management on long-term planning and strategy around mobilising capital for climate change solutions
- Input into strategy for development of the organisation
|Position:||Full time - Permanent|
|Closing Date:||8 June 2017|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience|
We are looking for a Media Manager to join our Communications Team, based in our London office.
Reporting to the Head of Communications & Media, the role will involve generating and developing domestic and international media content and coverage to support our activities and projects in countries including the UK, EU, North America and emerging markets in China, India, LATAM and Africa. That will involve developing and nurturing media relationships and responding to media interest.
Climate Bonds is a small team of people driven by a big mission. This role will involve a mix of creative thinking and hands on media work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment. We are looking for someone who can prioritise effectively between a large variety of tasks.
We seek an experienced media professional with a strong appreciation of what makes a good story and ability to contribute to the Communications Team in supporting Climate Bonds business objectives.
- Contributing to profile of Climate Bonds Initiative and international awareness of green bonds
- Developing and nurturing media relationships particularly finance and business
- Support for the Head of Communications & Media, team objectives and broader communications strategy
- Media profile development, implementation and coordination for designated events
- Content generation and editorial for various work stream objectives, marketing and announcements
- Editorial production for online content, blogs, reports, events and associated Climate Bonds collateral
- Nurturing the media skills of CBI expert spokespeople
Qualifications and Experience
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proven track record working with mainstream media (e.g. press and TV)
- Understanding of and ability to integrate with social media strategies
- Proven written skills across styles and platforms
- Flexible and able to work hands on in a small team and undertake a variety of roles and projects
- Proven ability to coordinate and prioritise under pressure across multiple tasks and deadlines