Role: Head of Communications
Location: Central London (London Bridge Office)
Closing date: Applications considered on a rolling basis
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Communications to join a global effort to influence investors, governments and banks to shift capital to climate change solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for communications and marketing activities that support:
- increased institutional investor engagement
- continuing rapid growth in global green bond issuance
- fast take-up of Climate Bonds certification
- public sector adoption of prescriptions for mobilising capital
- Planning, co-ordinating, executing and tracking the performance of marketing and communication campaigns
- Managing the communications team
- Working with the wider team to ensure consistent messaging across all channels
- Leading traditional and social media efforts including:
- Managing media activity: media stories; press enquiries, the expansion of the journalist network, pitches to journalists, nurturing of media relationships and reporting on media coverage via a monthly media digest
- Supervising social media: the management of Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, the regular production and update of website content, and managing technical team to deliver website enhancements
- Providing actionable insights and sharing these with the wider team
- Managing the internal communications pipeline
- Contributing to CBI’s programmes by delivering fit-for-purpose communications, including co-ordination of speaking engagements
- Acting as the brand guardian and making sure the brand is represented well in all externally facing communications.
- Extensive experience in planning and execution of communications and marketing plans
- Confidence in managing a global team, and building relationships with colleagues in other countries
- B2B experience, ideally within the institutional investor segment
- Ability to turn complex scientific and financial subject matter into accessible and interesting content.
- Experience creating engaging social media content
- Ability to communicate concepts to a range of target audiences
- Ability to spot data trends and articulate key findings
- Flexible and able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Interest in and knowledge of finance and of climate change issues.
- Ideally experience of working in an international, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in a second key language, such as Chinese, Spanish, French, Bahasa Indonesian or Japanese
Applications or enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org