Head of Communications
Location: London Bridge, UK
Salary: £55-60,000 depending on experience.
Position: Full time
Closing date: Rolling Applications
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
The Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO with a global presence working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. Our main work streams are data and market analysis, standards and certification and policy analysis. www.climatebonds.net
The Climate Bonds Initiative is essentially an advocacy and communications organisation: promoting capital markets solutions to climate change.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of Communications or Marketing to join a global effort to influence investors, governments and banks to shift capital to climate change solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for communications and marketing activities that support:
- Increased institutional investor engagement
- Continuing rapid growth in global green bond issuance
- Fast take-up of Climate Bonds certification
- Public sector adoption of prescriptions for mobilising capital
- Planning, co-ordinating, executing and tracking the performance of marketing and communication activities
- Working with the wider team to make sure tone of voice is the same across all channels
- Lead traditional and social media efforts including:
- Managing media activity: media stories; press enquiries, the expansion of the journalist network, pitches to journalists, nurturing of media relationships and reporting on media coverage via a monthly media digest
- Supervising social media: the management of Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, the regular production and update of website content, and managing technical team to deliver website enhancements
- Providing actionable insights and sharing these with the wider team
- Acting as the brand guardian and making sure the brand is represented well in all externally facing communications.
- Experience managing and growing communications and marketing activity
- B2B experience
- Ability to turn complex scientific and financial subject matter into accessible and interesting content.
- Experience creating engaging social media content
- Ability to communicate concepts to a range of target audiences
- Be capable of spotting data trends and have the ability to draw out key findings for improvements
- Flexible and able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Be confident managing a global team, and building relationships with colleagues in other countries
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Interest in and knowledge of finance and of climate change issues.
- Ideally have worked in a high-growth, start-up environment
- Proficiency in a second key language, such as Chinese, Spanish, French, Bahasa Indonesian or Japanese
We're a small team driven by a big mission. Supporting one another is vital, but flexibility and self-direction are important. We’re looking for a passionate individual with the ambition to affect change around the planet.
Applications or inquiries to email@example.com