Documents for users of Climate Bonds Standard Version 3.0
General Information for the Climate Bonds Certification Scheme
|Quicklinks to Climate Bonds Standard, Sector Eligibility Criteria, FAQs|
|Climate Bonds Standard V3.0|
|Sector Eligibility Criteria|
|Frequently Asked Questions - coming soon|
|Documents for Issuers|
|Climate Bond Information Form|
|Approved Verifiers Directory|
|CBI Fee Policy|
|Certified Bonds Database|
|Update Report Template|
|Documents for Verifiers|
|Assurance Framework 2.0|
|Guidance for Verifiers 2.0|
|Pre-Issuance Certification Checklist|
|Post-Issuance Certification Checklist|
Transition arrangements for the current Version (3.0)
- The Climate Bonds Standard V2.1 as previously used by issuers and verifiers will remain operative for Certifications in parallel with Standard V3 until June 30, 2020 subject to Verifier and market readiness.
- Transactions already Certified under V2.1 can continue to use V2.1 for the duration of the bond, or issuers can choose to adopt Standard V3 for their ongoing reporting.
- We welcome ongoing input from stakeholders on Standard V3 and we look forward to developing an enhanced V3.1 in the future. Further detail is available here.
Documents for users of Climate Bonds Standard Version 2.1
Annual Reporting after Issuance
Please use this Annual Report Template to provide the required information.
- Describes the role of the Approved Verifier
- Defines the criteria used in the Approval of Verifiers
- Describes the ongoing oversight of Approved Verifiers
- Provides the assessment methodology and verification procedures that Approved Verifiers must use with the bond issuer
- Describes the approaches to managing conflicts of interest and impartiality of verifiers
- Step-by-step checklist to the Climate Bonds Standard for use by Verifier during Pre-Issuance Verification
- Step-by-step checklist to the Climate Bonds Standard for use by Verifier during Post-Issuance Verification
Climate Bonds Standard
Previous versions of the Climate Bonds Standard are available here.
The Climate Bonds Standard uses a library of Sector-Specific Criteria to determine eligibility of projects and assets for Certification.
Disclaimer: "The Climate Bonds Standard Board operates legally as an advisory committee of the Climate Bonds Initiative Board and oversees the development of the Climate Bonds Standard. Neither the Climate Bonds Standard Board nor any organisation, individual or other person forming part of, or representing, the Climate Bonds Standard Board (together, "CBSB") accepts or owes any duty, liability or responsibility of any kind whatsoever to any issuer which wishes to apply for any of its bonds to be certified under the Climate Bonds Certification Scheme ("Scheme"), or to any issuer whose bonds may at any time be certified under the Scheme or to any other person or body whatsoever, whether with respect to the award or withdrawal of any certification under the Scheme or otherwise. All advice or recommendations with respect to any certification under the Scheme or otherwise that CBSB provides to the Climate Bonds Initiative Board is provided to it in an advisory capacity only and is not to be treated as provided or offered to any other person”